• Pain tends to be in the low back, buy may happen in the upper or middle back or neck. Some people also experience abdominal, hip or thigh pain.
• Tingling, numbness and weakness
• Losing control of urine or stool or inability to urinate
Don’t forget to consult your doctor, if you have the following symptoms with the back pain:
• Sever pain, numbness or weakness
• Loss of control of defecation or urine
• High fever
A vertebral compression fracture caused by osteoporosis is commonly two-pronged, involving both treatment of the fracture, and the treatment of the underlying osteoporosis caused the fracture.
• Fracture Treatment- Treatment for the spinal compression fracture commonly includes nonsurgical care like rest, pain medication, use of ice or heat for local pain, and slow return to mobility. Surgery may also be advised. The two commonest types of surgery for this type fracture are kyphoplasty and vertebroplasty. Both can help the fracture heal.