Conditions & Diseases
The Institute provides diagnosis and surgical treatments of the diseases occur in the chest
including esophagus, lungs, trachea, chest wall and mediastinum:
• Lung Cancer- Diagnosis, staging and treatment of small cell and non-small cell lung
• Esophageal Cancer- Excellent diagnosis, staging and treatment of cancer in the
esophagus that connects mouth to the stomach.
• Tracheal Disease- Tumors in the trachea (windpipe) are quite rare but often malignant.
• Paraesophageal and Hiatal Hernias- Hiatal hernias are often seen in patients with GERD
and commonly occur when parts of the stomach push through the diaphragm and into the
chest.. Surgery is used for repairing hiatal hernias, specifically large, paraesophageal
• Mediastinal Tumors- The center part of the chest outside of the heart, lungs and large
blood vessels is called the mediastinum. The mediastinum contains connective and fatty
tissue, lymph nodes and the thymus, an organ that is a part of the immune system.
• Hyperhidrosis- Hyperhidrosis is a medical condition that causes excessive sweating,
commonly in the underarms, hands and face, without the usual triggers like exercise or