Being the most versatile joint in a human body, our shoulders provide us with a phenomenal amount of flexibility. However, this much of motion can lead to exaggerated stress on the shoulder leading to unbearable shoulder pain or discomfort. Most commonly, pain in the shoulder is caused by inflammation, arthritis, instability, or a fracture.
Possible shoulder condition
• Pain and stiffness around the shoulder joint
• Limited shoulder mobility
• Shoulder joint pain that doesn’t let you sleep
• Inability to reach overhead
• A popping or grinding feeling while using the afflicted shoulder
Our shoulder comprises of the collarbone (clavicle), shoulder blade (scapula), and upper arm bone (humerus), as well as a number of muscles, ligaments, and tendons. We use our shoulders for stability and mobility, including pushing, lifting and pulling. The shoulder is a common source of pains and aches, often the result of repetitive motions used during daily activities, or sports activities.