• Optic neuritis- inflammation of one or both eyes
• Transverse myelitis — inflammation of the spinal cord
• Devic’s disease (Neuromyelitis optica)- inflammation and demyelination of the central nervous system, mainly of the optic nerve and spinal cord
• Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis — inflammation of the spinal cord and brain
• Adrenoleukodystrophy and adrenomyeloneuropathy — very rare, inherited metabolic disorders
Treatment basically rests upon:
• Minimizing the effects of the attack
• Managing the symptoms
• Modifying the course of the disorder with disease modifying drugs.
Our world class specialists treat symptoms through effective physical therapy, muscle relaxing drugs, and medications to minimize pain and fatigue.