The aim of breast reconstruction surgery is to restore one or both breasts to near normal size, shape, appearance, and symmetry following lumpectomy, mastectomy or other trauma. It often involves different procedures performed in stages and can begin at the time of mastectomy pr be delayed until a later date.
Vimhans PrimaMed Institute of Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery has an expert team of plastic and cosmetic surgeons specialize in breast reconstruction surgeries. We are equipped with latest technologies and tools ensuring great results with high success rate and minimum incision.
Brest reconstruction surgery can be divided into two categories:
• Implant based reconstruction- It commonly relies on breast implants to help a new breast mound.
• Flap reconstruction- In this procedure, patient’s own tissue is used from other body parts to form a new breast
Ideal Candidates for breast reconstruction
• One who is able to cope with her diagnosis and treatment
• One who does not have additional medical conditions or illnesses that may impair healing
• One with a positive outlook and realistic approach towards restoring breast and body image