Body shaping is a surgical procedure in which excess sagging skin and fat, following a major weight loss, is removed to improve the shape of the body. The surgery aims at offering proportioned appearance with smoother contours.
Dramatic weight loss has a number of benefits, but after a substantial amount of weight loss, may be due to a weight loss surgery or lifestyle changes, the skin and tissues lack the elasticity in order to conform to the reduced body size.
There are numerous body contouring procedures including:
• Facelift: sagging of the mid-face, jowls, and neck
• Tummy Tuck: apron of excess skin hanging over your abdomen
• Breast lift: sagging, flattened breasts
• Medial thigh list: sagging of the inner thigh
• Arm Lift: sagging of the upper arms
• Lower body lifts: sagging of the buttocks, abdomen, inner and outer thighs
Our expert plastic and cosmetic surgeons at Vimhans PrimaMed Institute of Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery specialize in body shaping procedures and perform a number of successful surgeries each year.
Generally good body contouring candidates include:
• Individuals whose body weight has stabilized
• People with good health and no such medical condition that impair healing or increase risk of surgery
• Adults with a positive outlook and realistic goals
• People committed to lead a healthy lifestyle with proper nutrition and fitness