A body lift is a surgical procedure done to improve the tone and shape of the underlying tissue that supports skin and fat. Excess fat and sagging skin are removed and the procedure may improve a dimpled, irregular skin surface. A body lift may involve these areas:
• Abdomen- locally or extending around the sides and into the lower back area
• Thigh- the outer, inner, or posterior thigh, or the thigh’s circumference
There are a number of factors, such as aging, pregnancy, sun damage, fluctuations in weight and genetics, may contribute to poor tissue elasticity that may lead to sagging of abdomen, buttocks and thighs.
We at Vimhans PrimaMed Institute of Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery have an experienced team of qualified cosmectic and plastic surgeons specialize in body lift procedures. Our surgeons perform hundreds of successful body lift surgeries each year.
Ideal candidates for body lift include:
• People with significant soft tissue looseness in one or multiple body areas
• Individuals with a positive attitude and realistic approach for a body lift surgery
• Individuals with good health and without medical conditions that impair healing or increase risk of surgery
• Individuals who are committed to leading a healthy life style with proper nutrition and fitness